Lord Belmont’s life ended in Clovis, in the impenetrable darkness beneath the ground where forbidden rites were once held. Lady Gwendolyn was his love, body and soul, and the Demon in Blue Light killed her.
Every year, on the anniversary of Gwen’s death, he returned to Clovis to stand in the cold desolation, hearing the wind moan through the lonely passes, feeling her loss all over again.
On this anniversary, he wasn’t alone in Clovis. He heard the noises rustling in the brush. He smelled the raw river of Shadow tech. Then he saw it:
The claws …
The flicking tail …
The maniacal, glittering eyes fixed on him …
“I’ve been waiting for you,” it said in a grating voice as it attacked.
* * * * *
Far away, across the cosmos in a city of wondrous crystal towers, two people watch in horror as the desperate scene at Clovis unfolds. They had worked so hard, sacrificed so much, even argued for it before the gods. They convinced the gods they were right, that they knew best, and everything would go well.
But, things weren’t going well at Clovis.
If this situation went poorly, then ages worth of work would be lost, and, just possibly, the universe might come to an end.
This book will be published next year, in the meantime find all ofAuthor Ren Garcia's books, and the first books in this series, below
~ Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon UK ~
Ren Garcia is a Science Fiction/Fantasy author and Texas native who grew up in western Ohio. He has been writing since before he could write, often scribbling alien lingo on any available wall or floor with assorted crayons. He attended The Ohio State University and majored in English Literature. Ren has been an avid lover of anything surreal since childhood, he also has a passion for caving, urban archeology and architecture. His highly imaginative "League of Elder" book series is published by Loconeal Publishing
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Connect with the Author here:
Answering as Kat, the 1st Countess of the House of Belmont-South Tyrol
1. What are you most afraid of? Well, I really don’t like being shut into confined spaces. It’s not something I like talking about much. I just don’t like small spaces.
2. If you had one wish, what would it be? (Kat tears up) My Sisters … Bird, Walker, even Wheel. I’d give anything to have them back. Really miss them. I’m sorry, I need to step away for a moment …
3. What do you like best about yourself? I like my hair. Yeah. I like the color and I like my temples freshly shaved. I like how my hair whips around when it’s windy. I could sit in the boudoir for hours letting them comb my hair. I used to not like my hair color, but, as few other people seem to have it, I guess it makes me stand out a little.
4. What do you like least about yourself? I’m too short. When I want to kiss my G, I’ve got to stand on something, or he’s got to stoop. I loved how tall Walker was, that’s how I’d like to be: longer legs, way tall, my head in the clouds.
5. What do you think other people think of you? I have no idea. G likes me, his sister Lyra likes me, and the other 28 sisters are coming around. I guess that’s fine with me for now. The people I love, love me back, and that’s great. The people in Tyrol seem cool, I don’t have issues with anybody. I know I’m probably not what they were expecting as far as a countess and all, but, what you see is what you get. I’m happy, and that’s all that matters.
Make sure you visit our Official Event page to find games and a chance to win even more prizes!