Monday 3 April 2017

Zebulon's Bride




Patricia PacJac Carroll~ I am a writer, Christian first, and blessed beyond my imagination. I live in the Dallas-Ft Worth area of Texas with my wonderful treasure of a husband, my spoiled dog, Jacs, and my awesome son, Josh. Did I say I was blessed? The PacJac is from my initials and my husbands. I wouldn't be able to write if it weren't for him. I love adventure and the open road. The stories of the western era have always been a favorite of mine. I enjoy writing, and my goal is to write stories readers will enjoy.

Connect with the Author here: 

He’s vowed not to marry until he reaches Montana. Then he meets her, but she has other ideas.

Zebulon Benton dreams of going to Montana, but he’s the only son and his mother doesn’t want him to go and his father needs help with the family store. Unknown to Zeb, his mother sends off for a mail order bride. After all, if Zeb marries and settles down, he won’t want to leave.


Enter Amy Gordon from New York. She appears to be the perfect bride for Zeb. Except she also wants to go to Montana and nothing is going to stop her especially her love for Zeb.




~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK



Snippets:

1.      Kicking a rock down the road, Zeb tried everything to stop the calling in his heart to go to Montana. He’d been ten when an old mountain man sat on the bench in front of their store and told him tales of mountains that reached to the heavens and a sky so big, blue, and wide that you’d think it was going to come down and swallow you. Of a place where grass grew higher than a buffalo and gold nuggets lined the ground just waiting for a feller to come and pick them up.

2.      Lowering his head, Zeb prayed. “God, I know Your Word says to honor your mother and father. I’m trying. I don’t know how much longer I can stay and work in that store. It’s not in my heart to do so. Either change me or set me free. Amen.”
He waited but heard nothing more than the screech of the eagle and the water’s gurgling. Both going somewhere, whereas he was headed back to town. With a sigh, he cut short the protest in his soul to leave and resigned himself to another day in the family store.

3.      Shaking his head, Franklin Benton got up from the table. Towering over Delia, he wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. “I know how you fear him leaving. If Zeb goes, we’ll handle it. Together.

4.      The woman waved her over. “Well, don’t just stand there. Do you have your papers?”
Amy strode to her. “What I have is standing before you. I’m young, strong, and have a desire to go west and marry a man. I will make him the perfect wife. I am not afraid of hard work or hardly anything else.”

5.      Shuffling through some papers, Mrs. Chandler pulled out a piece of stationery decorated with roses. “I received this request just yesterday. A man named Zebulon in Colorado is seeking the perfect wife with blond hair.” She ran a finger over the stationery and frowned. “Though just what kind of man would write on such a flowery and perfumed paper makes me wonder of his, well, his masculinity. Perhaps, you would care to take a chance on this,” she looked down. “Zebulon Benton.”

6.      Gus grew thoughtful. “Once I did. Every now and then the lure of quick riches and the unknown carefree life of a drifter tickles my soul, but then I think of Myra and the children. There isn’t anything that compares to holding a woman you love so much you can’t tell where they end and you start. And the children. I know they’re loud and wild, but I see them, and I see how life goes on. Yeah, Zeb, you need to find a good woman to marry.”


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment