Tuesday 24 July 2018

Confessions of a Timid Rider




"Heather Wallace is a wife, mother, entrepreneur, writer, equestrian, and animal massage therapist.

Her first book, Equestrian Handbook of Excuses, was a 2017 Literary Selection for the Equus Film Festival. Her second book, Confessions of a Timid Rider, is an autobiography detailing Heather Wallace’s insights about being an anxiety-ridden but passionate equestrian. 

After returning to riding as a mother, she is determined to follow her dreams despite the fear she is somehow lacking in talent or ability. An in-depth look into the heart and head of a returning adult equestrian, this message is not limited only those  with horse experience. 

In fact, Confessions of a Timid Rider is the perfect book to read for anyone whom even for a moment questions their value in their designated profession or life choice. This book will inspire you to pursue your dreams despite the inner voice that says you aren’t good enough.



~ Website ~ Amazon ~





"For a long time I let that fear get in my way. I always felt like I was missing something when I stepped away from horses during my teens.



I’ve come a long way since I took that first step back to horsemanship as an adult. When I say I am a timid rider, it is not because I am scared to ride. Oh no, it is because I am scared to fail. I am scared that I cannot live up to my own expectations. That my insecurities will hold me back. Or that I will let my anxiety be greater than my passion once again and step away, or worse, not try to be the person I want to be. My self doubt tries to hold me back but I refuse to give in.


These are the confessions of a timid rider."




Snippets:

#1.     “Face your fears and push through them however you can to follow your passion. Because the very thing you most fear is the very thing you may need to be happy.”


#2. “Taking that first step to start riding again, to start a new business, and to write that first blog post in 2016 was incredibly hard for me. However, instead of succumbing to my fears and insecurities like I did as a child, I am now determined to become stronger and face my challenges head on.”




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





No comments:

Post a Comment