Monday 9 July 2018

Independence Day 1881




My name is Robyn Echols. Zina Abbott is the pen I use for my historical novels. I’m a member of Women Writing the West and Western Writers of America. I currently live with my husband in California’s central valley near the “Gateway to Yosemite.”

I love to read, quilt, work with digital images on my photo editing program, and work on my own family history.

I am a blogger. In addition to my own blog, I blog for several group blogs including the Sweet Americana Sweethearts blog, which I started and administer.




Zina Abbott's first three books in the multi-author series, 
Sweethearts of Jubilee Springs.

Book 3 - Aaron's Annulment Bride:
Andrea married Aaron so he could get his mining company house, but now she wants an annulment.



Book 6 - Cat's Meow:
Catherine immediately falls in love with tall, hunky miner, Harold. She wants to marry him, but there is one "meowly" little problem.



Book 7 - Bargain Bessie:
Brought to Jubilee Springs after the death of her mother, Bessie, a confirmed spinster meets Zeb, a decisive, impatient rancher who is NOT pushing forty.




Snippet:

Snippet #1 from Aaron’s Annulment Bride:

            After church, Catherine sought Andrea out, a big grin plastered on her face. She grabbed Andrea’s arm and pulled her off to the side so they would not be overheard. “I don’t care how you do it, Andrea, but you get yourself and whatever you want to bring with you to town first thing in the morning. You can leave the horse and pony cart at the livery and let your pa worry about it. Lizett Millard from the bridal agency said she has you matched up with at least two possible men to consider for husbands and she wants you there as part of the first group of brides to arrive in Jubilee Springs.”
            Andrea nearly collapsed with relief. She was going to get away from Lloyd McCreary. She was going to be free of being her pa’s unpaid servant who had to beg for the privilege to go to church a few times a month.
            Catherine’s next words snapped Andrea’s attention back to the plans for her future. “She sent your ticket with mine. Our train that will take us to Denver leaves at nine o’clock. Make sure you’re there in plenty of time.”

Snippet #1b from Aaron’s Annulment Bride:

            Aaron retrieved the cloth and handed to her. “I’m not nervous, Ma. I just don’t want to go. You know I hate these social things. What do I know about parlor games?”
            Desi centered the fabric around her son’s neck and checked to make sure both ends were the same distance from the back. “All those games do is serve as an ice-breaker, a way to interact without being put on the spot over something too personal to share with someone you don’t know well enough yet. Just listen and follow directions. You’ll be fine.”
            “You know I’d rather stay home and read a book.”

            Desi looked up into Aaron’s face. “Yes, but that won’t help you find a nice woman to marry. You can read again once you’re wed. Not all the time, of course. I expect grandchildren one of these first years.”





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





No comments:

Post a Comment